it was the excitement about bringing

От администрации сайта paintball.lv

it was the excitement about bringing

Сообщение wh3171 18 янв 2020, 05:19

Tom Renney will be named Hockey Canada president and CEO, a source tells The Canadian Press. John Ryan Murphy Jersey . Renney, who previously was an associate coach on Mike Babcocks staff with the Detroit Red Wings, will replace Bob Nicholson, who resigned earlier this year. The announcement is expected to take place Tuesday afternoon in Calgary. Renney is a well-respected hockey person with 17 years of coaching experience in the NHL, WHL and internationally. He spent the past two seasons with the Red Wings. Before that, Renney was head coach of the Edmonton Oilers, New York Rangers and Vancouver Canucks. The 59-year-old Cranbook, B.C., native served as head coach of Team Canada for two years, including the 1994 Olympics, after two seasons behind the bench of the WHLs Kamloops Blazers. Renney also served as Rangers director of player personnel and vice president of player development. His history with Hockey Canada is a long one. In addition to winning a silver medal at the 1994 Olympics, Renney has coached Canada in 10 world championships and also served as vice president of hockey operations in 1998 and 1999. Former Colorado head coach and recent Pittsburgh assistant Tony Granato will replace Renney in Detroit, according to multiple reports. Hockey Canadas board of directors began its confidential search for Nicholsons replacement in April with the expectation of making a hire by the end of July. In June, Nicholson was named vice chairman of Oilers Entertainment Group in Edmonton. He maintained his position as vice president of the International Ice Hockey Federation. The day he resigned, Nicholson said he hoped his successor cared about the game. "Make sure that youre in Flin Flon and all the small (towns with) minor hockey across the country," Nicholson said April 4. "Talk about sledge hockey, talk about womens hockey. The other stuffll come. The NHL, the Canadian Hockey League, we have good partnerships there and itll continue to be strong." Wholesale Custom Braves Shirts . It was a day that saw England slump off a World Cup field once again battered and bruised. This time there was no red card to wonder about, no goalkeeping error or individual mistake. They were thoroughly beaten by something they have nothing of – genuine world class ability. Custom Braves T-shirts . On a hot, sweaty day, the Hall of Famer looked cool and comfortable. http://www.custombravesjersey.com/custom-philip-pfeifer-jersey-large-1807z.html . And he said Sunday that players believe nobody in Sterlings family should be able to own the Los Angeles Clippers if hes gone.Following three years serving as the back-up in Los Angeles, newly acquired Maple Leafs goaltender Jonathan Bernier says hes "ready for the challenge" of battling James Reimer for the number one spot in Toronto. Speaking on Leafs Lunch with Bryan Hayes and Jamie McLennan on Thursday, Bernier said it was "very hard" at times being entrenched behind Jonathan Quick and is now excited at the prospect of getting an opportunity to compete with Reimer for the top spot with the Leafs. "Im ready for the challenge," Bernier said. "Ive been waiting three years for that and now I finally get some playing time so Im very excited to come and Ill be ready." The 11th overall pick in the 2006 draft explained he learned a lot from backing up the 2012 Conn Smythe Trophy winner for three seasons and although it was frustrating, he used it as a learning tool. "It was very hard. Sometimes motivation was pretty low but I know at the end of the day, when I look back at this, its going to make me a stronger person and a stronger player and it was good for me to learn from one of the best goalies in the league." Coming off his best year statistically, in which he posted a 9-3-1 record to go along with a .922 save percentage and 1.88 goals against average, Bernier said he welcomes the competition with the Leafs incumbent goaltender and believes in having a supportive relationship with his fellow netminder, similar to what he had in L.A. "Im very happy, its a great opportunity to come to Toronto with James I think its going to be a good battle," Bernier said. "It reminds me a little bit of when I got to the Kings. We kind of grew up together. Obviously the chemistry is key when you want to win and you want to play for each other, so thats the right way to do it." Reflecting on his most recent season, Bernier said he was excited to embrace a larger role with Quick nursing a back injury. "This year was really good for me. Johnny had back surgery so I kind of stepped in and played a little bit more at the start and it was nice to play some back-to-back games and start feeling like you still got it." Talking about Berniers 2012-13 season, Kings general manager Dean Lombardi told Dave Naylor on TSN Drive that "without Jonathan Bernier, I dont thinnk we make the playoffs. Jasseel De La Cruz Jersey. " He went on to say that Berniers play this season proved he was ready to make the leap to being a starting goaltender in the NHL. "Clearly, (he has) the upside of a number one goalie," Lombardi said. "If you look at his pedigree to date, I dont think you could find another unproven number one who has done everything possible to prove he was a number one. Everything from what he did in the minors, to how he progressed at the NHL level and then certainly this year I think put him over the hump because not only did he play well, but he won big games." Maple Leafs general manager Dave Nonis reflected on how he expects Bernier will fit into the Leafs plans going forward earlier in the week when he spoke with Dave Naylor on TSN Drive, Tuesday afternoon. "From our standpoint, it was the excitement about bringing in another top young goaltender into the organization and have Jonathan and James (Reimer) together," Nonis said. "I think it gives us probably, in my opinion, one of the top two punches of potential in the National Hockey League." Nonis said he expects both goalies to compete for the number one spot and isnt worried about a potential conflict between the two. "Well I think thats always a risk at any position," Nonis said. " Its a situation where we feel we have two guys with great potential and great character and theres no reason why they cant both compete hard for that job and push as hard as they can to keep control of the net." Bernier said hes simply looking for an opportunity to challenge for a starting spot and believes Maple Leafs head coach Randy Carlyle will give him that. "From what Ive heard, theyre kind of similar in a way because theyre fair coaches and as a player thats what you want," Bernier said when asked about the similarities between Carlyle and his previous coach, Darryl Sutter. At 5-foot-11 and 186 pounds, the 24-year-old is not among the bigger goalies in the NHL, but said he makes up for it with his hockey instincts. "Im not a very big goalie, so I need to be in good position. So Id say reading the game is probably my biggest strength. When Im on top of my game I can read two, three plays before its going to happen and thats probably got me to where I am now." ' ' '
wh3171
Капитан
Капитан

Вернуться в Сообщения и обращения