were outrebounded

От посетителей сайта

were outrebounded

Сообщение Cl11234566 09 янв 2020, 03:45

BOSTON - Ricky Romero is here in the literal sense. In the baseball sense, while he continues to put in the time and the work, he could just as easily be somewhere else. Relegated to a long role in the bullpen since returning as a September call up, Romeros appeared in just one game, a two-inning outing against the Angels almost two weeks ago. "Its different," Romero told TSN.ca. "Its definitely something Ive never been used to but Im adapting to it. As they say, youve got to be comfortable being uncomfortable sometimes and Im getting my work done." At this point, it seems doubtful Romero will get a start prior to the season ending next Sunday. Manager John Gibbons remains committed to his current five-man group of R.A. Dickey, Mark Buehrle, J.A. Happ, Todd Redmond and Esmil Rogers. Happ is scheduled to pitch on Monday in a make up game in Chicago, the Jays last remaining game against a fellow non-contender. If there was to be an opportunity for Romero, or Kyle Drabek, to get the call, that would have been it. Romero knows he wont be pitching late in a close game. With the rotations improved performance of late and the larger number of available relievers in September, there havent been many innings to parcel out. Still, Romero tries to stay prepared. "If its been a few days and I feel like I need to work and just kind of to stay fresh Ill go in there and ask (pitching coach) Pete (Walker) and get some work done," he said. "Obviously, like I said, its something that Ive never really been used to. You know, (Friday,) getting up and you fire away and its crazy. Its a different feeling. We have a good group of guys down there that, you just continue to learn and appreciate those guys even more. Not that I didnt before but now youre like, wow, kind of like its a little bit of a chaos that goes down there when that phone rings and everyones just kind of watching (bullpen coach) Pat (Hentgen) to see whose name hes going to call out. "Its a different adrenaline rush," Romero continued. "I dont like it. I like my starter role but, like I said, its a little different but Im adapting to it." Like appearances this month, nothing is guaranteed Romero heading into next season. Hes back on the 40-man roster but he could, once again, be designated for assignment to clear space for someone else. Owed at least $15.6-million over the next two seasons, its difficult to imagine another club making a waiver claim for such a steep price. Romero understands the business side of the game. He tries to avoid thinking about it when possible. "Stay positive and just go about my business and continue to do that and just be ready whenever my name is called," he said. "Thats all I can do. I dont make those decisions on when Im going to come in and stuff like that. All I can do is just continue to come here, put on my uniform and go to work." Admittedly tired of the questions about his future, about how hes handled the adversity of the last almost two calendar years and about where he sees his career going, Romero insists he will emerge stronger than before. "These struggles go beyond baseball," he said. "It goes beyond all that stuff. Its made me tougher in other aspects of life. Its one of those things where this games not easy. I dont want to go out there and fail. I think I have spurts where I go out there and think about it and reflect on stuff. The past, theres nothing I can do about it anymore. Nobodys more disappointed than me but at the same time its a learning experience and from talking to the older guys theyre like, man, this is going to make so much better for years to come for you and one day youre going to look back on it and its not going to matter that much. Thats the way I kind of approach things, one day at a time, come in, do my work and go to home just knowing that youre giving it your all." SANTOS DEALING After his perfect inning on Saturday night, Sergio Santos hasnt allowed a run in 16 appearances dating back to August 16 nor a hit in 14 appearances dating to August 20. "Just command right now," said Santos of whats working for him. "Just kind of, I feel like Im throwing strikes and attacking hitters and just getting myself an opportunity to get ahead. Im doing that so hopefully I can keep doing it." Santos was acquired from the White Sox on December 6, 2011, for Nestor Molina, with the expectation he would be the Blue Jays closer. Injuries opened the door for Casey Janssen to take over the role. He saved 30 games for Chicago two seasons ago and, following a surgical elbow clean up earlier this year, Santos offered up reason for Jays fans to be confident in him down the road. "To me, I feel better (than in 2011,)" he said. "I feel better just because Im able to command my fastball a little more consistently to the inner and outer half so Im feeling good right now, Im kind of in a little groove right now and hopefully I can keep it going for as long as I can." DELABAR GRINDING Steve Delabars been struggling of late. Hes allowed at least one run (five total) in each of his last three appearances, marking only the second time this season hes allowed runs in consecutive outings. Delabar missed most of August with right shoulder inflammation from which hes recovered. Now, he admits, hes fatigued. "Where we are in the season and, you know, mentally just as much as physically everybodys beat down right now," he said. "Everybody on our side is probably on the same level right now. Im just, like everybody else, just grinding it out and finishing the season strong." Delabar, at 30, is completing his first full season in the big leagues and with it has come some lessons. "Youve got to pace yourself," he said. "You come out in April, in spring training, and all the throws that you make from before BP to during BP and you feel great so youre letting it go. You maybe catch a fly ball off the wall and you turn around and you fire it in and you cant do that. Youve got to pace yourself out and realize that those throws count even more later on. Casey (Janssen) and (Darren) Oliver, they tell you that kind of stuff and it really doesnt sink in until you actually need them. Youre going, hey, yeah, that makes sense. Just pace yourself throughout the season and dont go crazy." Vans Shoes Wholesale Store . The Oilers will try to get back in the win column on Monday when they continue a four-game road trip with a battle against the Buffalo Sabres. Edmonton won its third straight game last Wednesday against visiting San Jose, beating the Sharks 3-0 as Scrivens stopped 59 shots to set an NHL record for saves in a regular-season shutout. Vans Old Skool Black Sale . After a tight first half, the Croatians took command in Reykjavik after Skulason was dismissed for a professional foul in the 51st minute, but couldnt find a way past Iceland goalkeeper Hannes Halldorsson and his packed defence. Eduardo had a weak shot cleared away from near the goalline after barely a minute for Croatia, whose substitute Ivica Olic forced a fine reaction save from Halldorsson in the 55th. http://www.vanssalestore.com/. As if he had been rehearsing it, Vasquez looked around with a grimacing stare as he clinched two fists and flexed his muscles. What do you think of DeMar DeRozans face after he hits a big shot, he was asked moments earlier. Vans Old Skool Sale .K. Subban and Matt Duchene will be the two skaters sitting out the teams opening game. Vans Slip On Clearance . “Momentum is only as good as the next days starter,” the long-time Baltimore Orioles manager famously quipped.INDIANAPOLIS -- San Antonio is steamrolling its way into the playoffs. Indiana cant even figure out whats wrong. And a game that might have been billed as an NBA Finals preview just a week or two ago demonstrated just how wide the disparity is now. Tony Parker scored 22 points, Boris Diaw added 14 and the Spurs broke the franchise record with their 18th consecutive victory, 103-77 over the Pacers on Monday night. "Great streak right now, this was a good win for us tonight," Tim Duncan said. "To continue the streak, all that is good. Well worry about a couple of things, staying healthy, finishing the season strong and hopefully going into the playoffs with the confidence were playing with now." It seems nothing can derail the Spurs (58-16) right now. On a night Duncan went 3 of 10 from the field and Manu Ginobili managed only six points and two assists in 16 minutes, San Antonios Big Three added one more line to its already impressive resume by breaking the franchise record on the 18th anniversary of the only previous 17-game winning streak in Spurs history. This was not just another win. About 75 minutes before tip-off, the Spurs blunt-speaking coach, Gregg Popovich, told reporters that sometimes when a team wins a lot, it just needs to get "slapped." Popovichs players followed a different tack -- taking control early, fending off every challenge along the way and wrapping it up late. The result: San Antonio handed the Pacers their worst home loss of the season and dropped them percentage points behind Miami for the Eastern Conferences top seed. "I think hell be happy if we lose anytime soon," Parker said of Popovich. "Im pretty sure because hes going to rest like half of the team." The loss was a devastating blow to the Pacers (52-23), who have made no secret of their desire to get home-court advantage in the East and had a seemingly safe three-game lead after beating Miami at home last Wednesday. But the Pacers have lost three straight, finished March with an 8-9 record and with the lowest scoring average of any team in the league. They have lost five of six overall and seem to be in full panic mode with seven games left in the regular season. "Its awful, weve been in a downward spiral and weve been splintering a liittle bit," Roy Hibbert said.dddddddddddd "Weve had plenty of players-only meetings and plenty of sit-downs as a team with coaches and weve had some upper management in here, so I dont know. Maybe we should all go to group therapy or something, sit down with Dr. (Chris) Carr and figure out some of our grievances." Carr is the teams performance psychologist. Whatever the problem, these are not the same Pacers who have led the East from opening night through the end of March. Indiana fans, who have seen their team go an NBA-best 33-5 at Bankers Life Fieldhouse this season, let them know they didnt like it by booing briefly throughout the game, most extensively when coach Frank Vogel conceded the loss by sitting his starters for the final 3:37. Paul George scored 16 points. Hibbert and Lance Stephenson each finished with 15, but the Pacers were outrebounded 15-7 on the offensive glass and were beaten 42-28 on second-chance points. "Their togetherness really showed, thats where they beat us," George said. "That was a team thats all together playing as one, the team that we were to start the year." The Spurs put Indiana in a 13-5 hole, then used a 15-0 run to take a 32-15 lead early in the second quarter, forcing Indiana to play catch-up. The Pacers never got closer than seven. Indiana did have a few bursts. Lance Stephenson provided some spunk with a one-handed dunk, a steal and a driving layup in a 39-second span of the second quarter to get the Pacers within 37-26. But Parker hit a 20-footer, Ginobili made 1 of 2 free throws and Parker drove in for a layup to rebuild the lead, which was 48-35 at halftime When George scored four in a row to finally get the Pacers within single digits at 59-50, Parkers layup during a 5-0 spurt helped San Antonio make it 64-50. And when Indiana got as close as seven early in the fourth, the Spurs pulled away. "Its hard to explain," Parker said when asked about the Pacers collapse. "Everybody goes through this. Im not worried about them. Theyll still make it to the Eastern Conference finals and theyll still play Miami." Notes: The 26-point margin also matched Indianas worst loss of the season, at Houston on March 7. ... Indiana has lost six straight home games to San Antonio. ' ' '
Cl11234566
Капитан
Капитан

Вернуться в Сообщения и обращения