two innings

От посетителей сайта

two innings

Сообщение Cl11234566 25 фев 2020, 04:07

The tied Test was a match played between two teams who just wanted to play good cricket. You had two captains who had exactly the same thoughts about making it entertaining and competitive. When Frank Worrell first arrived in the country, Richie Benaud said, Lets have a good series. Yeah, it should be a lot of fun, says Frank. And there was always that friendliness between the two teams.Garry Sobers made 132 in the first innings. I rate it in the top five innings Ive ever seen. He didnt just beat the field - his timing was superb and so was his placement. If you could get a set-square and cut the gap between the fieldsmen in half - he just kept putting it through the gaps; the centre of the gaps. It was a wonderful innings.Bowling to him, you just had to keep using your variations, using the return crease. We were trying everything we could possibly do to stop him from scoring. I can remember one shot he played off Richie. It absolutely went straight down the wicket, between Richie in his follow-through and the stumps. All Richie could do, as it went past him like a rocket, was turn around and clap the shot. It was just an incredible drive.In our first innings Norm ONeill got 181. There was no better player to watch once he was set. He was a terribly nervy starter, but if you could get him to 30 and he was in the mood, he could play every shot in the book: the late cut, the square cut... He pulled the ball, he swept the ball, and his back-foot play was as good as anyone Ive ever seen.We knocked over West Indies in the second innings for about half of what they got in the first innings and we thought, Weve got a show here. We needed 233 to win.As it turned out, there were no slow over rates by West Indies or anything. It was straight on. All of a sudden I went in at 57 for 5 and I thought, Goodness gracious, Ive been out there bowling or batting for four days already and all of a sudden here we are in a situation where Ive got to go out and bat.I must admit, when Kenny Mackay got out, that was a blow for us. We were 90-odd for 6 and Richie came in, and we started off aggressively. We were trying to take the initiative.We came in at afternoon tea and that was when Bradman, who was the chairman of the board, said to Richie, What are you going to do? And Richie said, Were going to have a go. If you were six down at tea and you have a whole session to save the game, 90% of the time you could say sides would just play for the draw. But to go out and want to score 130-odd in the two hours was a pretty daunting task. But that was our attitude, and we got there and virtually had it won.The top of the wicket had gone quite a bit. There were pieces of what Id call flaked turf taken out.Ramadhin and Valentine were very difficult - Valentine especially, bowling left-arm over into that, with the ball coming back in to me. I made 80. I dont think Ive ever batted better than in that innings.You had to use a bit of discretion. I can remember Ramadhin bowled one of his special balls - I supposed youd call it the doosra of the day - and I didnt pick it. But I decided the next ball definitely wouldnt go away from me, it would come in to me. I thought, Im going to belt this, and it hit the pickets on the boundary. I thought I had a psychological advantage from that decision to have a go.Wes Hall was fired up, theres no doubt about that. I can still remember him bouncing me, and I hooked him and it hit the fence on the full. I said to Richie at the start of the second-last over, Just make sure Im up there for Wes, because I knew Wes would drop one short, and I thought with a bit of luck I could get four out of the seven runs we needed. But as it turned out I didnt get there. I wasnt Usain Bolt and I got run out.There were so many great moments in the Test match. You can always say this bloke played a great innings, or someone bowled well, but there were so many wonderful moments.Joe Solomon ran me out in the second-last over - he threw the wicket down. And then he turns around and throws the wicket down to tie the match. In the circumstances and the pressure there would have been there for the fielding side, that was amazing.There was confusion everywhere. I dont think anybody knew. There were broadcasters who were mixed up. Rohan Kanhai was running around with his arms above his head, saying, We are the champions, we are the champions! I think he thought that theyd won. It was the most amazing situation. The Don came in at the end of the day, and he said, Dont be disappointed, Alan. Today youve made history. It hit us at the time, but it was more profound the next morning. That was what made the whole series.I can still remember, after the game we all went together to what was the dining area, and we had a West Indian and an Australian, a West Indian and an Australian all the way around, and everybody mixed. We drank and talked and chatted about tours that wed had, and it was a real get-together.Then the secretary of the Queensland Cricket Association came down and said, You gentlemen have got to get out, youve overstayed. Apparently the president at the time thought we should have been out of the ground half an hour after the end of the game, and this was about an hour and a half later. We were actually ejected from the ground.People like the late Gerry Alexander, Wes Hall, Cammie Smith - Ive got all their birthdays down. I send them a card for their birthday. We exchange cards at Christmas. That bond is still there. To me thats something Test cricket can give you. I cant see how you can play a Twenty20 or a 50-over game and have that same bond.Theyre great blokes. We have so much laughter. Its not like any other game or series that I can ever remember. I had great individual friends like Ted Dexter, Kenny Barrington and Peter May, but this friendship was with everybody - everybody that played in the tied Test.The pressures changed daily in that match. When youd come to the end of five days, there was nothing in it. It was the most incredible game of cricket, and the forerunner for what was one of the greatest series of all time.Nike Air Max 1 2021 .ca. Kerry, Just watched the shootout in the Coyotes/Leafs game and I have to ask, why was the James van Riemsdyk goal allowed to count? All of the video replays we were shown on TV were inconclusive about whether the puck had entirely crossed the line or not. Nike Air Max 1 2020 . PETERSBURG, Fla. https://www.cheapairmax1store.com/ . Peter Holland and Brad Staubitz were sent to Toronto on Saturday as the Maple Leafs traded defenceman Jesse Blacker and draft picks to the Anaheim Ducks. Nike Air Max 1 Store . A lawyer for MLB, Matthew Menchel, confirmed Wednesday the league dropped its case against Biogenesis of America, its owner Anthony Bosch and several other individuals. The lawsuit had accused Biogenesis and Bosch of conspiring with players to violate their contracts by providing them with banned performance-enhancing substances. Nike Air Max 1 . -- Lou Brocks shoulder-to-shoulder collision with Bill Freehan during the 1968 World Series and Pete Roses bruising hit on Ray Fosse in the 1970 All-Star game could become relics of baseball history, like the dead-ball era.MINNEAPOLIS -- Evan Gattis homered and had four RBI, Carlos Correa went deep for the third straight game and the Houston Astros beat the Minnesota Twins 10-2 Thursday night to sweep a doubleheader.Houston had 16 hits in the nightcap, three fewer than it had in a 15-7 win during the day.The doubleheader was necessitated by a rainout Wednesday, a game Minnesota led 5-0 in the third before storms arrived.Jose Altuve had four hits in the first game and was 1 for 4 in the nightcap. He leads the majors with a .365 batting average and has reached base in 41 straight road games.Chris Devenski (1-4), who had 21 straight relief appearances after making four early season starts, allowed two hits and struck out five during five strong innings for Houston. This was his first major league victory.Minnesotas Miguel Sano had two hits, including an RBI double.For the better part of two weeks, Houstons offense had been lacking. Before scoring seven runs in a win Tuesday, Houston scored 18 runs in its previous 10 games, winning just twice.Tommy Milone (3-4) breezed through the first inning before Gattis hit a three-run homer in the second and George Springer added an RBI single for a 4-0 lead. Springer had five hits in the two games, including a home run.Correa launched a 445-foot drive to the second deck in right-center to make it 5-0 in the third.Andrew Albers, called up to be the Twins 26th player, made his first appearance since May 1, 2015 with Toronto and pitched the final six innings. He gave up five runs, including two runs in each of his first two innings.Minnesota entered the day with an AL-worst 4.83 ERA and used four relievers in the first game before shhortstop Eduardo Escobar got the final three outs.ddddddddddddThats because Jose Berrios (2-3) was ineffective for the third straight start, lasting just two innings and giving up six runs and eight hits. Since his Aug. 1 recall from Triple-A, he has allowed 12 earned runs in 13 innings.In seven starts this season, the righty has a 9.32 ERA over 28 innings, permitting 39 hits and 14 walks.Doug Fister (11-7) allowed eight hits and five earned runs in seven-plus innings to earn the Game 1 win.DOUBLING UPThis was Houstons 255th doubleheader, but first against an American League team. The Astros were in the National League from 1962-2012.LOTS OF ARMSEscobar and Albers became the 25th and 26th players to pitch for the Twins this season, a franchise record. The old record was 25 in 2012.TRAINERS ROOMAstros: Manager A.J. Hinch said RHP Luke Gregerson felt fine after an aggressive bullpen session Wednesday. Out with a strained left oblique muscle, Gregerson is eligible to come off the DL Friday.Twins: After allowing six runs in the first game, LHP Buddy Boshers was placed on the disabled list with left elbow inflammation. An MRI is planned for Friday.UP NEXTAstros: Joe Musgrove (0-0, 0.79) is scheduled to make his second career start Friday in the opener of a three-game series in Toronto against the Blue Jays Francisco Liriano (6-11, 5.34).Twins: Minnesota is scheduled to send Kyle Gibson (4-6, 4.86) to the hill Friday as it welcomes Kansas City for a three-game set. The Royals plan to counter with Yordano Ventura (7-9, 4.64). ' ' '
Cl11234566
Капитан
Капитан

Вернуться в Сообщения и обращения