was the first doubleheader for both teams

was the first doubleheader for both teams

Сообщение wanglei 23 окт 2017, 07:44

PHOENIX -- Four pitches doomed Wade Miley and the Arizona Diamondbacks on Sunday. All four left the ballpark -- the most home runs Miley has allowed in his career -- and the Diamondbacks lost to the Cincinnati Reds 4-3. "I need to make better pitches," he said. "Two inches more down and maybe it is not a homer to left. Who knows?" Cincinnati led 3-0 after homers by Zack Cozart and Todd Frazier in the third and by Ryan Ludwick in the fourth. Arizona tied it with a three-run fourth, then in the fifth Chris Heiseys second home run of the season put the Reds on top for good. "Were really not a home-run hitting team," Frazier said, "but when we do, we win." Converted reliever Alfredo Simon (7-3) gave up three runs in 6 1-3 innings. Aroldis Chapman hit 103 mph on the Chase Field radar gun in a perfect ninth, overpowering three batters not long ago in the minor leagues and earning his seventh save in eight opportunities. Miley struck out nine with no walks in six innings of another tough loss. He fanned a career-high 12 in his previous start, getting no decision in a 4-3 loss to San Diego. "I feel like I am throwing the ball well right now, but things arent going my way," he said. "Just got to keep grinding through it." David Peralta singled twice in his major league debut for the Diamondbacks. The Reds won their last three and four of five to finish their trip out West at 4-3. Arizona wrapped up a 3-4 homestand. "I thought we swung the bats pretty well today," Diamondbacks manager Kirk Gibson said. "We hit a lot of balls and they made some plays on us. It just wasnt meant to be and that is frustrating. "At the end they just shut us down. Chapman come in throwing 102, 103, it is pretty tough duty." Cozart hit the first pitch of the third inning into the left- field seats, his second home run of the season, to make it 1-0. After two outs, Frazier hit Mileys 1-0 pitch into the same area, his team-high 10th homer -- and the Reds led 2-0. Cincinnati made it 3-0 in the fourth when, with two outs, Ludwick homered -- also to left. Arizona broke a streak of 15 scoreless innings in the fourth. Paul Goldschmidt drew a one-out walk and when Miguel Montero lined Simons 3-0 pitch off the wall in right-centre for a double. Montero moved to third on Martin Prados single then scored on Eric Chavezs sacrifice fly to cut the lead to 3-2. Peralta, just up from Double-A Mobile to replace the injured A.J. Pollock, singled to centre, putting runners at first and third, and Ender Inciarte singled in the tying run. Peralta led off the seventh with a single and Inciarte flied out to deep right. That was it for Simon. Gerardo Parras two-out single off Sam LeCure put runners first and third but Cliff Pennington lined out to right to end the threat. Prado singled with two outs off Jonathan Broxton in the eighth and took second on a passed ball. But Chavez popped out to end the inning. Broxton has allowed one run in 18 appearances this season. Cincinnati loaded the bases with one out in the ninth on an error, single and hit batter against Oliver Perez. Addison Reed came on to get Heisey to pop out and Frazier flied out. NOTES: Billy Hamilton was a late scratch from the Reds lineup with a sore right elbow. ... Arizona had five Venezuelans in the lineup, a franchise record and tied for most in the majors since 1998. Each of them had at least one hit. It was the first time in the NL that a team started three Venezuelans in the outfield. ... Pollock, whose right hand was fractured when he was hit by Johnny Cuetos pitch Saturday night, will undergo surgery in the next few days. Gibson guesses Pollock will be out five to eight weeks. ... The Reds return home to open a three-game series against San Francisco on Tuesday. Arizona is off Monday and begins a three-game series at Colorado on Tuesday. Jordan Richards Jersey . Granlund scored 2:04 into the first period. Max Reinhart, on his first NHL shift of the season, neatly stripped the puck from Zack Smith at the Senators blue-line. As he moved in, his attempted shot deflected into the slot where Granlund buried a shot past Craig Anderson. Julian Edelman Jersey .J. -- The New York Jets have promoted Tony Sparano Jr. http://www.shoptheofficialpatriots.com/Elite-Vincent-Valentine-Patriots-Jersey/ . Formula One boss Bernie Ecclestone dismissed Tuesdays massive anti-government protest in Manama as "a lot of kids having a go at the police." "I dont think its anything serious at all," Ecclestone was quoted as saying in The Guardian newspaper on Wednesday. Trey Flowers Jersey . There will be no Down Under four-peat for Djokovic, as the eighth-seeded Swiss slugger Wawrinka outlasted the second seed 2-6, 6-4, 6-2, 3-6, 9-7 at Melbourne Parks Rod Laver Arena in yet another five-set thriller in their burgeoning rivalry. Rex Burkhead Jersey . The team said they will announce a corresponding roster move prior to their series opener on Tuesday night in Kansas City. BOSTON -- When their game against Boston was postponed Wednesday due to inclement weather, the Tampa Bay Rays made it clear they had no interest in playing a doubleheader Thursday. The Red Sox got their way. The Rays got the last laugh. Yunel Escobar homered off Boston closer Koji Uehara leading off the ninth inning to propel Tampa Bay to a 6-5 win and a day-night doubleheader sweep on Thursday night. The Rays won the opener 2-1. "I really believe that we had vociferously fought for just one game, for a lot of obvious reasons," said Tampa Bay manager Joe Maddon. "I mean, Im not going to hide from the reasons -- we have a lot of guys injured, we had a lot of very difficult games more recently, so we wanted one game and pick it up later when were at greater health. "It just did not work out that way, thus our players came out and made a statement today and I kind of enjoyed it." Escobar crushed the second pitch from Uehara (0-1) over the Green Monster in left field for his second homer of the year, and Grant Balfour recorded the final three outs for his second save of the day and sixth of the season. "Hes a very good relief pitcher and it was a very uncomfortable at-bat," Escobar said through a translator. "(I) got a splitter up and (I) just tried to get good wood on the ball and (I) was able to hit it out." Sean Rodriguez and Desmond Jennings also went deep for last-place Tampa Bay, which won for just the third time in nine games. "I didnt know we didnt want to play. No one asked me," Balfour said with a laugh. "Im pretty happy that we did." So is Maddon. "Im so proud of our guys, the way they handled the entire moment," he said. "Nobody complained about anything. Nothing -- and they just went out and played really good baseball for 18 innings. It was pretty astounding to watch the whole thing play out." The first game was just as wild, but for an entirely different reason. With Tampa Bay leading 2-1 in the seventh, Dustin Pedroia was called out on a close play at the plate, thrown out on a relay from Escobbar at shortstop while attempting to score from first on Ortizs double high off the Monster.dddddddddddd After a 1 minute, 52 second delay, it was announced the call "stands." Boston third base coach Brian Butterfield was ejected by first base umpire Toby Basner for slamming his helmet to the ground. "I just dont like the whole inconclusive deal," said Pedroia, who didnt think he was tagged before crossing the plate. "Replay, you should go check it out and youre either out or safe. I dont know what inconclusive means. Maybe that means someone doesnt want to make a decision." Pedroia may have beaten catcher Jose Molinas sweeping tag with a feet-first slide, but it was unclear if he touched the plate before the tag. Basner, rotating as the umpires moved on the play, made the call at the plate. "I thought not only did Dustin beat the throw, beat the tag, but felt like his left foot made some contact with home plate," Red Sox manager John Farrell said. "Our video internally showed that that was the case." The Rays then charged back from a 5-2 deficit in the nightcap. Rodriguezs two-run homer off Boston starter Felix Doubront in the sixth brought Tampa Bay within one, and Rodriguez tied it in the seventh off reliever Junichi Tazawa, doubling and scoring on James Loneys single. Uehara then uncharacteristically surrendered Escobars blast, just the fourth homer he has allowed at Fenway Park since joining Boston before last season. "It happens every year, April, May," Uehara said through a translator. "I think even last year I didnt pitch that well." NOTES: It was the first doubleheader for both teams since last year when the Red Sox swept the Rays in Fenway Park on June 18. ... The Rays open a three-game series against the New York Yankees on Friday. Tampa Bay LHP David Price (3-2, 4.75) will oppose New York LHP Vidal Nuno (0-0, 6.59). . Boston will host the Oakland Athletics for a three-game series beginning Friday, with Red Sox RHP Clay Buchholz (1-2, 6.66) facing Athletics RHP Dan Straily (1-1, 5.14). Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '
wanglei
Капитан
Капитан

Re: was the first doubleheader for both teams

Сообщение vanesela 17 сен 2018, 14:03

инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
vanesela
Капитан
Капитан

Сообщение vanesela 15 апр 2019, 14:07

vanesela
Капитан
Капитан

Сообщение vanesela 08 июн 2019, 09:11

vanesela