made a run at the end but

Турниры, команды, правила, нововведения....

made a run at the end but

Сообщение Cl11234566 07 дек 2019, 03:08

SEATTLE -- Everything that Clint Dempsey hoped would happen last year after his splashy signing with the Seattle Sounders is happening now. Dempsey scored twice in a five-minute span early in the second half and set up Lamar Neagles first-half goal to help the Seattle Sounders beat the Colorado Rapids 4-1 on Saturday. Dempsey leads MLS with eight goals. He has at least a goal or an assist in each of Seattles last six games. It is the second time in his career that Dempsey has had a six-game scoring streak in MLS, having done it previously in 2005 while with the New England Revolution. "The year I scored 23 with Fulham, I was on a pretty good run there, but it feels good," Dempsey said. "Were in a good rhythm as a team, we have a good locker room, and it think that shows on the field in our play." After Dempsey joined the Sounders last August, expectations for him and the team soared. But in nine games, he scored only one goal, and Seattles late-season swoon ended with another early playoff exit. Now, the Sounders have won three straight to improve to 5-2-1, thanks in large part to Dempsey. "When I first came, I felt like there werent too many games where I could look back and say, You know what? I had a lot of chances, I should have scored," Dempsey said. "I feel like in games now, Im getting good looks and looks that are allowing me to put the ball into the back of the net. I have to compliment my teammates on that. I feel like were playing better right now than we were toward the end of last season." Added Sounders coach Sigi Schmid, "I dont know what the records are for so many goals in so many games, but he might be setting some of those." Obafemi Martins added a 75th-minute goal for Seattle. Dillon Serna scored in the 62nd minute for the Rapids (3-2-2). Dempsey and Martins (who tallied his third) have accounted for 11 of the Sounders 17 goals. "Whether it six against six or eight against eight in practice, we try to put them on the same team where they look for each other and find each other," Schmid said, "and you see it showing now in games." Neagles blast 2 yards in front of a wide-open net gave the Sounders a 1-0 lead 15 seconds into the only minute of first-half stoppage time, and was his third goal of the year. Dempsey made it 2-0 at the outset of the 47th minute, running onto a loose ball at the top of 6-yard box that Colorado goalkeeper Clint Irwin had slapped away, but couldnt latch onto. Early in the 52nd minute, Chad Marshall headed Gonzalo Pinedas corner kick toward Dempsey, and Dempsey headed it in just over Irwins reach. Neagle assisted on the goal by Martins, which was his third goal of the season. Colorado came in with back-to-back shutouts and had allowed just five goals all season until yielding the four on Saturday. The Sounders outshot the Rapids, 20-10. "The two guys up top (Dempsey and Martins) really made a difference," Rapids coach Pablo Mastoeni said. "Dempsey caused us a bit of grief. And again, if youre not good with the ball, youre going to end up defending. Against a team like this, you definitely dont want to be defending deep in your half as we found ourselves for the majority of the game. "With the type of players they have, it just puts a lot of pressure on our defence and forced a lot of errors that led to the dismantling of the team," Mastoeni added. Willie Hernandez Jersey .Hoffenheim forward Anthony Modeste opened the scoring on a counterattack in the 15th minute, shooting though Jaroslav Drobnys legs after Lewis Holtby lost the ball in midfield. Willie Horton Jersey . Bostons bats exploded in Mondays opener, as David Ortiz belted a pair of two-run homers, Stephen Drew homered and drove in four runs and the Red Sox pummeled the Blue Jays, 14-1. https://www.cheaptigers.com/1299z-jake- ... igers.html. Patrice Bergeron and Daniel Paille scored 20 seconds apart a few minutes after Stamkos was taken off the ice on a stretcher with a broken right leg, and the Bruins beat the Lightning 3-0 on Monday afternoon. Al Kaline Jersey .Simon will work with head coach Gord Dineen and associate coach Derek King behind the bench of the Toronto Maple Leafs American Hockey League affiliate for the 2014-15 season. Jack Morris Jersey . -- Thirty years ago, the Detroit Pistons beat the Denver Nuggets 186-184 in triple overtime, a game that remains the highest scoring in NBA history.TORONTO -- Rudy Gay skipped shootaround Friday morning, choosing to stay in bed in hopes of beating the flu bug. But by the time the game started, the Toronto Raptors forward felt even worse. And, for three quarters, it showed as Gay shot a woeful three-for-13 from the field. However, he had 11 points in the final 12 minutes of play as Toronto used a dominant fourth quarter to defeat the Washington Wizards 96-88 to remain in first place in the Atlantic Division. Toronto trailed Washington 70-66 heading into the final quarter, but Gay hit all three field goal attempts in the fourth and added five free throws to lead the Raptors to victory. "There was no stopping me. I was going to play," said Gay. "I was out of breath and the sort of things that happen when youre sick but I had to push through it for my team. "In the fourth quarter, I just let it come to me and it got a lot easier." Gays 11-point fourth quarter gave him 17 for the night, tied for team high with DeMar DeRozan, as Toronto (6-7) won for the second straight time to stay atop the NBAs Atlantic Division. "He struggled a little bit early but when it was down the stretch, he came through for us," head coach Dwane Casey said of Gay, who was booed in the third quarter by the 18,671 in attendance for his poor shooting performance and a couple of turnovers. "He was a little weak from the flu but he gutted it out. "He could have easily mailed it in or checked out but he fought through it and gave us 17 big points." Toronto scored the first nine points of the fourth quarter to wrest the lead back from Washington. The Raptors outscored the Wizards 21-9 over the opening 7:34 of the final period and 30-18 overall. It was a dramatic turnaround from the third quarter when the Wizards (4-8) outscored Toronto 32-15, turning a 13-point halftime deficit into a four-point lead going into the final quarter. Waashington point guard John Wall, who had a game-high 37 points, scored 18 in the quarter.dddddddddddd "Teams are going to go on runs," said Toronto forward Tyler Hansbrough, who had eight points and six rebounds off the bench. "As we continue to grow, we cant have lapses where it carries over and have a hangover until the fourth quarter. "Weve got to keep on moving and thats what happened." The Raptors, who shot 47 per cent from the field on the night, featured a balanced attack, with six players finishing with double figures in points. Jonas Valanciunas had 11 points and 13 rebounds. "Third quarter, we have to figure that out sooner or later," said guard Kyle Lowry, who had 12 points, nine assists and six rebounds on the night. "(But) that group that came in in the fourth did a great job getting us a 10-point lead. "They (Wizards) made a run at the end but we closed it out." Toronto returned to Air Canada Centre to open a four-game homestand -- their longest of the season -- leading the division for the first time since they won it in 2007. And the Raptors came out flying, shooting an eye-popping 67 per cent from the field in the first quarter to take a five-point lead, which they widened to a 13-point edge at halftime. It appeared the Raptors were on the way to an easy victory before Wall, the first overall draft pick in the 2010 NBA draft, who signed a five-year, US$80 million contract extension in July, went off. "You can see why he got paid all that money," De Rozan said. "Hes definitely a heck of a player. "He has the passion to win and he showed that in the third quarter to try and bring his team back. "We had to withstand that as much as we could and get the win." The Raptors return to action Tuesday hosting Brooklyn before closing out the homestand with games against Miami and Denver. ' ' '
Cl11234566
Капитан
Капитан

Вернуться в Спортивная жизнь