I dont embarrass him

Турниры, команды, правила, нововведения....

I dont embarrass him

Сообщение Cl11234566 07 дек 2019, 03:19

MONTREAL -- FC Edmonton had its first Amway Canadian Championship final within its grasp. But then it all slipped away. Edmonton was winning on aggregate after 90 minutes of play on Wednesday, even though the Montreal Impact were winning the match 3-2. But Patrice Bernier scored late in stoppage time on a penalty kick to give Montreal its second consecutive Amway Canadian Championship final berth. "Its sickening," said Frank Jonke, who scored the games two goals for Edmonton three minutes apart in the second half. "It leaves a sick feeling in everybodys stomach on our team. To lose, to not go through on that, is very sickening for us." Having lost the first leg of the home-and-home series 2-1 in Edmonton last week, the Impact needed a two-goal victory for a spot in the next round. Berniers goal five minutes into stoppage time, effectively the last kick of the game, gave Montreal the 5-4 victory on aggregate over the Eddies. In the dying minutes of added time, Montreals Heath Pearce fired a shot into a crowd of Edmonton defenders in the box. Referee Drew Fischer blew his whistle for handball, ran over to Edmontons Kareem Moses, and then pointed to the penalty spot. "I dont think it was a handball," said Jonke. "I dont think it was a penalty, and I think we should be going through." Edmonton coach Colin Miller also thought his team was robbed. "(Two Edmonton players) saw one of our players with his hands behind his back. And the ball hit him here," said Miller, pointing to his shoulder. "The referee then went to the wrong player to tell him it hit him." Miller was livid with Fischer after the game, and confronted the official as he was leaving the pitch. "Our players in the second half didnt deserve to get beaten in the manner that they did," said Miller. "I had a go at the referee after the game, and rightly so. The job that we do as coaches is hard enough without that decision being made." Impact president Joey Saputo then jumped onto the field and got into a screaming match with Miller. "I wished him a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!" quipped the Edmonton coach. "Im sure Mr. Saputo will buy me a Guinness afterwards." With the win, Montreal (1-0-1) will play either Toronto FC or the Vancouver Whitecaps in the two-leg final on May 28 and June 4. The winner will advance to the CONCACAF Champions League. The Impact went up 3-0 on Wednesday on two first-half goals by Jack McInerney and a 47th minute strike by Jeb Brovsky. Montreal was all but assured victory before Edmonton clawed back in the second half. Jonke scored his first goal in the 67th minute when his shot from just outside the six-yard box deflected off an Impact defender and beat goalie Evan Bush. The Edmonton striker added what would have been the series-clincher three minutes later from the penalty spot, firing right down the middle for his second of the game. The Eddies were awarded a penalty after Impact defender Karl Ouimette took down Neil Hlavaty in the box. Jonkes goals were the first conceded by the Impact at Saputo Stadium in four Canadian Championship matches dating back to 2012 when the team joined MLS. "The game should have been 5-0," said Impact coach Frank Klopas. "It should have been over. It was a lack of concentration. In five minutes, the game changed. We should have never been in this situation. We crumbled. Our mentality has to be stronger." If not for Berniers stoppage-time goal from the spot, the Eddies would have progressed to the next round. "Some guys took their foot off the gas pedal, and we let them right back into it," said McInerney. "We were fortunate to get a goal at the end. Its about time something goes our way this season." Last week in Edmonton, the Eddies scored a stoppage-time goal for the 2-1 victory. McInerney was the lone goal scorer for Montreal in that game, beating goalkeeper John Smits in the 56th minute. It only took 10 minutes for McInerney to score on the return leg at Saputo Stadium, firing home after a Justin Mapp cross missed Felipe in the box but fell right to the 21-year-old instead. "No disrespect to Edmonton, but theyre a lower-level team," said McInerney. "I would expect from myself to go out there and score every game against them." Mapp fed McInerney again seven minutes later, flicking the ball to the on-rushing striker with his heel at the edge of the 18-yard box. McInerney gave no chance to Smits, beating the Eddies keeper with a quick strike. As winners of last years Canadian Championship, the Impact made it to the CONCACAF Champions League for the second time in the continental tournaments six-year history, where they were eliminated in the group stage. Notes: Edmonton plays in the North American Soccer League, a league just below MLS. They are ninth in the NASL with four points from five games and have now played eight games in the last 26 days. a Striker Marco Di Vaio (hamstring injury) missed Wednesdays game. Di Vaio has not played since April 26. a There were less than 5,000 people in attendance at Saputo Stadium. a The Impact return to MLS play on Saturday when they take on D.C. United in the American capital. a The Eddies are on the road to face the San Antonio Scorpions on Saturday. Air Force 1 Italia .com) - Pavel Datsyuk and Gustav Nyquist both scored in the shootout as the Detroit Red Wings denied the Minnesota Wilds comeback bid with a 5-4 win on Tuesday. Saucony Outlet . Patrick Sharp scored twice and Patrick Kane, Bryan Bickell and Nick Leddy also connected to lead Chicago to a 5-2 win over the Devils on Monday night. http://www.scontatescarpenikeoutlet.it/ ... ferte.html. - Nikita Jevpalovs scored 6:22 into the second overtime as the Blainville-Boisbriand Armada edged the visiting Rimouski Oceanic 2-1 on Tuesday in Quebec Major Junior Hockey League playoff action. Air Max 97 Scontate . Still, Inter moved one point ahead of Parma in the race for fifth place and the final Europa League spot. Udinese remained 14th, 11 points above the relegation zone. Inter was beaten 2-1 by Atalanta at home on Sunday and has won only seven of 16 matches at the San Siro this season, as the squad seems to still be searching for its identity under new owner Erick Thohir and first-year manager Walter Mazzarri. Air Max 90 Saldi . The victory strengthened Liverpools position in the top four after Tottenham lost 1-0 at Norwich in the days late kickoff, cutting the north London club six points adrift of fourth place and the final Champions League slot for next season.JACKSONVILLE, Fla. -- Jacksonville Jaguars coach Gus Bradley has left the team following his fathers death. Bradley flew home to Zumbrota, Minn., on Monday to be with his family, turning interim coaching duties over to secondary coach DeWayne Walker. Bradleys father, Roy James Bradley, died Sunday night following a lengthy illness. He was 85. The youngest of the six kids, Bradley is expected to rejoin the team in London, possibly as early as Wednesday. "Many of guys know coach Bradley and have been around him enough to know that hes a very tough-minded man, has a lot of intestinal fortitude and he really struggled with this decision: whether to lead this team or to lead his family," general manager Dave Caldwell said. "And we made it for him this morning to go home and be with his family and his mom, Gloria, to take care of what he needed there. "We have enough confidence in our coaching staff here and our team here that were going to take care of our business, and coach Bradley will rejoin the team as soon as he can. We fully support him and his family with that." The Jaguars (0-7) are flying to London later Monday and spending the week there before playing defending NFC champion San Francisco. Walker has 25 years of coaching experience, including the last four as head coach at New Mexico State. "He could have closed his eyes and just picked any coacch," Walker said.dddddddddddd "I think all the coaches are capable of doing what he asked me to do. I just want to make sure I dont embarrass him." Jacksonville has lost every game this season by double digits, getting outscored 222-76. San Diego, dealing with a short week and a cross-country flight, dominated every aspect of Sundays 24-6 win over the Jaguars. Bradley was Seattles defensive co-ordinator the previous four years. Caldwell and owner Shad Khan picked Bradley to lead the franchises latest rebuilding project, which clearly wont be an easy fix. Walker declined to address injuries, the teams quarterback situation or any other team issues. Its unclear whether Blaine Gabbert (hamstring) or Chad Henne will start Sunday against the 49ers. "Im going to sit in the chair for maybe a day and a half, so for me to have this big plan to try to rejuvenate our football team, I dont think thats my place," Walker said. Walker addressed the team Monday, giving them the news about Bradleys father. "Coach Bradley has been good to all of us, and any time a situation like this pops up when youre a family, youre going to feel bad and youre going to have some sensitive feelings," Walker said. "I think our team is a tight-knit family, and Im sure guys are hurting." Roy James Bradley is survived by his wife, Gloria, and six children. ' ' '
Cl11234566
Капитан
Капитан

Вернуться в Спортивная жизнь