Undrafted free agent faces a steep climb to make the 53-man

Если вы новичек в этом увлекательном виде спорта, задавайте вопросы.

Undrafted free agent faces a steep climb to make the 53-man

Сообщение liny195 14 ноя 2019, 07:43

/>Skip to main contentclockmenumore-arrownoyesHorizontal - WhiteBig Blue Viewa New York Giants communityLog In or Sign UpLog InSign UpFanpostsFanshotsSectionsLibraryGiantsOddsAboutMastheadCommunity GuidelinesStubHubMoreAll 322 blogs on Horizontal - WhiteFanposts Fanshots Sections New York Giants NewsGiants Training Camp 2016Giants vs. Eagles 2015 Color Rush Dexter Lawrence Jersey , Week 17Filed under:New York Giants NewsGiants’ 90-man roster: RB Jon Hilliman trying to earn a spotNew,9commentsUndrafted free agent faces a steep climb to make the 53-man rosterEDTShareTweetShareShareGiants’ 90-man roster: RB Jon Hilliman trying to earn a spotJon Hilliman running for Boston College in 2017.Photo by Maddie Meyer/Getty ImagesThe New York Giants have Saquon Barkley at running back, and he is going to get the overwhelming majority of touches from anyone at that position. They have veterans Wayne Gallman, Rod Smith and Paul Perkins competing to pick up the scraps. Then, there is Jon Hilliman an undrafted, under-the-radar “who’s that?” player trying to prove he belongs in the NFL.Let’s take a closer look at Hilliman as we continue profiling the 90-man roster the Giants will bring to training camp this summer.The basicsHeight: 5-foot-11Weight: 216Age: 23Position: Running backExperience: 0How he got hereHilliman spent four seasons at Boston College and played at Rutgers last season as a graduate transfer. He ended up with 696 collegiate carries for 2 New York Giants Jersey 2019 ,575 yards, 3.7 yards per carry. His best season was 2014 when, as a freshman at Boston College he gained 860 yards on 211 carries (4.1 yards per carry). For Rutgers in 2018, Hilliman carried only 83 times for 337 yards (4.1 per carry).2019 outlook Hilliman is interesting. His best season was five years ago (2014). He got less than 100 carries as a part-time player for Rutgers last season. He caught only 40 passes in his collegiate career. Yet, he ran a 4.44 40-yard dash and put up other exceptional numbers at the Rutgers Pro Day. Athletically, he looks like he belongs.Can he unseat any of the veterans in front of him? Perhaps a practice squad spot is the likely outcome for Hilliman. What were players talking about after the New York Giants lost to the New Orleans Saints 33-18 on Sunday? Let’s go inside the locker room and find out.Landon Collins said it was “hard” to accept the outcome after the defense played well much of the game ....“At the same time though 2019 Dexter Lawrence Jersey , we have to continue working and staying loyal to this team and by playing together, we’re going to figure it out. We have all the keys, we have all of the weapons, we just have to put it all out there.”Alec Ogletree on the officiating ...“Honestly, I think it’s basically they’re worried about reffing in the Super Bowl game. If you ask them why they call a call, they tell you they wouldn’t make that call in the Super Bowl. I think that’s bad. That’s bad all around. “That’s definitely what was explained to me that you wouldn’t make that call in the Super Bowl and I don’t think that’s right. I think you should call the game as it’s being played and if you do that Dexter Lawrence NFL Draft , everything will work itself out.”New Orleans cornerback Marshon Lattimore on Odell Beckham Jr. ...“Our goal was to take him out of the game. I’m pretty sure he was in the game -- he’s Odell Beckham. We always try to take him out the game. We did a good job of that today and we got the win.”Lattimore on taking the deep ball away from the Giants ...“We were playing aggressive, we just didn’t let them do it. It’s not like we were playing pretty good defense and not letting the ball over our heads. We were playing man, but we just switched it up in between calls. I feel like we did a pretty good job of just staying on top and doing our thing. They went deep, but it wasn’t there.”Cornerback Donte Deayon on a pass interference call against him on a third-and-8 with 2:34 that gave the Saints, leading 26-18, a first down rather than forcing them to punt.“I was out there competing. I thought I got there the same time the ball did. I got up Color Rush Deandre Baker Jersey , I saw the flag, and they called P.I. It was what it was,” Deayon said. “It was pretty deflating. You’re trying to get the ball back for our offense, and they call a pass interference, and it negates all of that. So, it was pretty deflating.”Eli Manning on Sunday’s loss ...“Tonight was a frustrating one. We got off to a good start and had a good drive. We were moving the ball and making plays on this team but we just weren’t able to do it. We got into some third and longs that we didn’t convert on. They had some good calls and some good plays. They weren’t going to give us anything deep. They took away all the deep stuff and made us go underneath. That was fine. We were going to just have to have some long drives and continue to play that way. There was a few times where they knocked us out of some good down and distance and we weren’t able to sustain some drives.”Manning on dealing with the soft zone the Saints played ...“There are different ways Youth Deandre Baker Jersey , you just have to find completions. There are holes and it is just a matter of timing. The right plays and the right types of zones. Just mix in some three and some two. You just have to be patient some times and work the middle of the field and work underneath. Just get in some good down and distance. You just have to keep playing that way. There is also some opportunities to have some big plays also.
liny195
Капитан
Капитан

Вернуться в Новичку